Are you looking for a detailed clarification between Grammarly Free vs Premium subscriptions? You have landed on the right page!
Grammarly has become an essential tool for writers, students, and professionals who want to improve their writing skills. It offers two versions: the free and the premium.
The free version provides essential grammar and spelling corrections, while the premium adds advanced vocabulary enhancement suggestions, genre-specific writing style checks, and plagiarism detection features.
With so many grammar and writing tools available, Grammarly stands out for its accuracy and ease of use. However, should you choose the free or premium version?
This article will discuss the features and benefits of Grammarly Free vs. Premium to help you decide which is best suited for your writing needs.
Let’s dive into the details!
Grammarly Free vs Premium: What Does Each Have to Offer?
Note: Check out our Grammarly Review here to get more details on Grammarly.
Let’s start our comparison by understanding what each version has to offer. First, we will break down what Grammarly free provides users and then move to the additional features you get when upgrading to the premium version.
The Grammarly free version is straightforward and convenient for users. You can easily use this tool as it is beginner-friendly and does not require extra effort. However, the free version only helps you get an accurate basic grammar check. This version suggests the errors and gives recommendations.
Compared to other online tools, the free version offers much more! So if you need quick suggestions and have little writing work, the free version should work just fine.
The premium version of Grammarly takes the basic version of Grammarly to a whole new level. It mainly contains 400 additional writing checks useful for all types of writers. However, the price of Grammarly premium is slightly high as it checks the spelling and grammar and gives vocabulary and style suggestions with a plagiarism checker that can also be used as a Copyspace variation.
For someone who is a professional and has writing work every day, be it college work or office, Grammarly premium is one of the most reliable writing assistants and your best investment.
Grammarly Free vs Premium: Key Features
As both the free and premium versions of Grammarly are convenient and have different offerings, it also has some features you should watch.
- It is an AI-enhanced tool that checks grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Grammarly has MS word, Google docs, Browser integration
- Easily available on mobile
- Picks up the accurate errors
- It allows the creation of a personal dictionary
- Offers developed style recommendations that cover word usage and sentence pattern
- Checks the tone and formality level of the content
- It has an inbuilt plagiarism checker
- Allows human proofreading
- Checks the inconsistent style of the content.
Grammarly Free vs Premium: Key Differences
Grammarly’s free and premium versions have some differences that will make you better understand both tools. So, let’s take a look at the differences below!
Grammarly’s free version is accurate in basic spelling and grammar checking. The free version mainly contains tools for grammatical error correction.
The Grammarly free version mainly includes:
- It has an automatic spelling checker
- Tone detector
- Punctuation checker
- Grammar correcter
The free version can be easily switched between British, American, and Canadian English, so you can write as you prefer.
The Grammarly free version has many additional tools compared to the free version that helps provide an effective and clear tone to the content.
The Grammarly premium version includes the following:
- It has more than 400 additional grammar checkers
- It has advanced collaboration features
- A writing assistant that is an AI-powered
- It also provides readability reports to the users.
The premium version has maximum offerings as compared to the free version. Also, Grammarly enables you to use its premium version through the extension. In addition, you can easily add the extension wherever you work and directly access the premium features.
Grammarly Free vs Premium: Grammar Checking
The central concept for which you and I use Grammarly is for the grammar check; both the free and premium versions offer the grammar checking feature, but the accuracy of both versions matters the most. You will get to know me in-depth about the accuracy they offer.
If you use the free plan for grammar checking, you will surely get an accurate result and good content recommendations, but in the free version, you don’t get complete insights into the content. The free version somewhere lacks giving true accuracy of the content. It mainly gives you correct insight but also lacks some suggestions.
Grammarly premium provides accurate recommendations and gives many useful features discussed above compared to the free version of Grammarly, suggesting more insights into the premium version. The premium version is especially for those who require long content reports and want the content to be more effective and human-friendly.
Grammarly Free vs Premium: Writing Suggestions
As there are many other alternatives to Grammarly, Grammarly is the top tool in the world for grammar checking because Grammarly has high-quality Ai based assistants that provide great suggestions and accuracy.
Let’s compare the assistant’s performance with the Grammarly free and premium versions.
The suggestion is specific to the Grammarly free version and is limited, but the premium version has so much to offer.
- The premium version suggests an advanced grammar, spelling, and punctuation guide.
- It provides fluency and flexibility to the content.
- The premium version makes it easy for the users to read.
- It helps the user write engaging content.
So clearly, the premium version offers more suggestions than the free version.
Grammarly Free vs Premium: Pros and Cons
Every tool has its advantages and disadvantages. Here, you will learn about the pros and cons of the Grammarly free and premium version.
Grammarly Free Pros
- Gives Accurate Suggestions
- Easily to use for browsers and devices
- Check fluff content and make the correction
Grammarly Free Cons
- It does not suggest any style
- It only gives the basic word usage feedback
- It doesn’t support advanced formatting
Grammarly premium Pros
- It provides a style checker that makes your content better
- It also recognizes plagiarism in your content
- It makes the writing effective and clear
Grammarly premium Cons
- It sometimes provides unnecessary suggestions
- Often less to the repetition of words
- It might be expensive for many people.
Perks of Upgrading to Grammarly Premium
As a premium user for years, we have had unique experiences with Grammarly. Not to mention, we still use Grammarly for our content to help us write better. With its exceptional features, upgrading from the free version to the premium version allowed us to see our mistakes better and improve our writing.
It also reduced our cost of paying other plagiarism checkers to check the content with its built-in plagiarism detector tool. Some additional perks of upgrading to the premium include:
- Excellent writing style, Grammarly’s premium version offers a great writing style that makes your content more glorified.
- It gives your content phrasal predictions that make your writing more advance.
- It provides the content with effectiveness that makes the content clear and readable.
- It identifies the domain of the content and makes the content very advance
Grammarly Free vs Premium: Pricing
Now a critical discussion arises, and that is pricing. Grammarly mainly has three plans policies Free, Premium, and Business. The business plan is only suitable for businesspeople who must get involved in heavy content writing.
Firstly the Grammarly free plan offers basic grammar advantages.
The premium version mainly has plans: Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual.
The plan’s monthly cost is $29 per month, the quarterly cost is $19 per month, and the annual cost is $11.
So before purchasing a Grammarly premium, learn about all the valuable offerings that Grammarly premium offers. It will be beneficial if you subscribe to the annual plan. Grammarly’s yearly plan costs $139, cheaper than a premium plan.
Who is suitable for Grammarly Premium?
Grammarly Premium is an excellent tool for anyone who wants to improve their writing skills. It’s perfect for students, writers, business professionals, and even those who want to take personal communications to the next level.
Grammarly Premium provides users with detailed grammar and spelling checks and advanced punctuation and style suggestions that help make any document look more professional. Additionally, it features a plagiarism checker to ensure originality in your work.
Grammarly Premium is also suitable for those who want to improve their command of the English language since it can detect errors even in complex sentences. Most importantly, its user-friendly interface makes it easy for all experience levels. For example, you can benefit from using Grammarly Premium as a novice or an experienced writer.
Grammarly Free vs Premium: Final Verdict
As you have understood the versions of Grammarly, I will quickly give you short information about both versions and which will be beneficial for you to choose the correct one for yourself.
If you are a blogger, content marketer, running a website, teacher, or student, then Grammarly premium is best for you as the version offers advanced suggestions and effectiveness.
But, if you want to grammar check your content, spelling check, and punctuation check, you should choose the free version.
We hope a clear picture has been set up inside your mind about which version will be best for you. Are you considering an upgrade to Grammarly premium? Let us know your review in the comments section below!
- Grammarly Review 2023: Is It Still the Best Grammar Checker? - March 10, 2023
- Grammarly Free vs Premium: Which One is Worth Your Money? - March 7, 2023
- Grammarly Student Discount Offers in 2023: Save Big Now! - March 6, 2023